Inspiration

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Buddha

Nothing leads so straight to futility as literary ambitions without systematic knowledge."
H.G. Wells

If a book is not alive in the writer's mind, it is as dead as year-old horse-shit."

No, it's not a very good story—its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside."
Stephen King

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fortune Cookie?

            Who doesn’t love to open up a fortune cookie and see those, words of wisdom? If you don’t, then I’m quite sure you’re inept to anything awesome happening to you. As soon as I open one, I’m just waiting for some ninja dressed in black to come around the corner, pull his mask down, and say something amazing that I hear only five seconds after he stops talking; like in every amazingly dubbed Chinese martial arts movie. I want to stand there in awe, eyes wide, and mouth open. “Kid? That’s your fortune for today, so no going down a sidewalk, or the snake in your pants you’ve been bragging about for the past week, loses its skin.” Then I’ll usually just stand there, mumble under my breath, “How does he know???” Ehh, whatever, sounds better in my head, but my point is, fortune cookies, they have great abilities, and they can leave you feeling all warm inside.
OMG!...Wait I thought you were bringing me my fortune?
            Like a picture on a wall, it can give you limitless amounts of words, why can’t a fortune cookie give you limitless amounts of images? It’s a valid point, I mean, my fortune cookie idea gives me just one, but within that one idea I could have hundreds of smaller ones. Plus a fortune cookie is like a soldier, it dies for the greater good, well sort of dies, but it gives off a good feeling to the one reading the little piece of paper.
            I like to imagine the fortune cookie as a small happy pill you take every time you’re feeling bad. Sure they give them off at the end of the meal at a restaurant, but that’s so it gives off good vibes to all the poorly cooked food you just ate. No, I am kidding, but seriously, they have magical powers. If something like a few words can make you happy, make you realize new and exciting things. Isn’t that a great thing? Think of it like the pill from that movie “Limitless.” It unlocks more potential in his mind, he is essentially a super genius, well the fortune cookie isn’t that amazing, but still; It is probably half of that and it doesn’t cost $800 each.
All you needed where fortune cookies Bradley Cooper
            Anyway you look at them: dumb, smart, genius idea. They all have a purpose, even if there for the businesses last resort of keeping customers, or a persons search for true wisdom. They can be a pick me up when you’re down, and a light in a tunnel while your lost.
"I knew it all along, Honey, look what I found....PROOF!"
10. "Good sense is the master of human life."
9. "You are free to invent your life."
8. "You are magnetic in your bearing."
7. "Face facts with dignity."
6. "The night life is for you."
5. "There is a true and sincere friendship between you both."
4. "Your family is young, gifted and attractive."
3. "You are going to have some new clothes."
2. "Your smile will tell you what makes you feel good.
1. "You will find a bushel of money."
Here is the top ten list from: http://www.slashfood.com
        So either way, if you are looking for a good laugh, a dream of some kind, or something more, the fortune you seek is in another cookie. Keep looking and some day that fortune will be yours.
Damn! Wrong cookie
     

No comments:

Post a Comment