Inspiration

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Buddha

Nothing leads so straight to futility as literary ambitions without systematic knowledge."
H.G. Wells

If a book is not alive in the writer's mind, it is as dead as year-old horse-shit."

No, it's not a very good story—its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside."
Stephen King

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Aspirations

           Do you have a dream? Something you hope for? Wish was yours? If you do, why don’t you reach out and grab it, take it for yourself. We have millions of excuses, but we never have a reason why we have excuses. If we aspired to be great, to take out the bull crap, and go for the gold, wouldn’t we have a greater existence? But we don’t, people could be so much more, we have so much potential, but over the years life has gained more entertainment, media has taken over our lives, and we have no shut off button for this. This has lead to a gap in our time being spent studying, doing school work, and paying attention. Is it bad? No, only in excess amounts, but the reality of the situation is, life has many road blocks, and we need to have more control in order to live greater.
            If motivation is the problem, there are drugs for that… NO, there are, but it’s never a permanent thing, it will never have the same effect forever, and it will always have an adverse effect. What someone needs is a valuable asset on their side, someone to push them to do great. Think about the marines, they have a higher ranked officer yelling at them all day to do better, to be all they can be, and to never back down. If someone was there for you in normal day life you could be at the top of your class.
            So don’t aspire to be great, aspire to have a friend, family member, even a girlfriend/boyfriend to motivate you to be all you can be. Don’t be afraid to ask, people are sympathetic creatures, they understand when someone is down and lonely, when times are rough and uncertain. People generally want to help someone, even if its a hedonistic view or a generous act of kindness, it isn’t looked down upon, its raised above, and pulls people closer together.
            Take their words kindly, know it’s a trusting act, and they just want help. Aspirations are unique, common, and even rare sometimes. Take the step brothers movie into question, Dr. Doback says, “When I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur, I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world, I made my arms short and I roamed the back yard, I chased the neighborhood cats, I growled and I roared, everybody knew me and was afraid of me, and one day my dad said "Bobby, you are 17, it's time to throw childish things aside" and I said "OK Pop", but he didn't really say that, he said "Stop being a fucking dinosaur and get a job".
RAWR Im a Dinosuar!!!
            Crazy things can bring solace in someone’s life, even if it’s starting up an international music corporation, and calling it Prestige Worldwide makes you feel better, than go for broke. But improbable things, how do you go for those, how could you be a dinosaur? You can’t, but you learn to cope with the idea, you learn that letting your dinosaur go is okay, but never forget your inner dinosaur.
            I wanted to have the ability to teleport like Hayden Christiansen in Jumper, but I understand that will never happen. It would be pretty awesome though, but I’m okay with that fact, and I wont ever forget my inner dinosaur and jumper for they will always be with me.
           

1 comment:

  1. I love the humor, it was very enjoyable, keep it up, really good job.

    ReplyDelete